Author Topic: can not export bitmap and pdf.  (Read 17986 times)

raphael

• View Profile
can not export bitmap and pdf.
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:48:22 AM »
Hello,

I have some difficulties to export a file. When I choose bitmap (jpeg, png, etc.) or pdf, the created file is empty. I have installed winfig on Windows 7. I also tried to input directly command lines in "the fig2dev command line parameters" (ie fig2dev-exe inputfile.fig output.jpeg), but it failed.

I can export eps formats for instance, but this creates images with a poor quality.

Could help me please?

Thanks.

Raphael.

Andreas

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: can not export bitmap and pdf.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »
1.you need a GhostScript installation for PDF and bitmap exports (see the Readme.rtf)
2. the correct command for the command line for PDF export is:

fig2dev.exe -L pdf inputfile.fig outputfile.pdf

where inputfile.fig and outputfile.pdf are your file names. It might be necessary to provide the full path to fig2dev.exe or you cd into the WinFIG folder.
This forum belongs to www.schmidt-web-berlin.de/winfig

raphael

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:18:42 PM »
It works now. thanks a lot.
Raphael.

marcelus23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »

susiehaynes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »
great! the informations you guys posted it helps me a lot. :):)

Séverine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 04:17:09 PM »
Hello,
First, I'm sorry for my very bad english...
I have a problem to export my file.fig into a pdf file. I have installed Ghostscript, but when I try to export my file into .pdf (or .pdftex), the pdf file is empty. I do not understand where I can write the command line for fig2dev (the window is not access for me : I can't write here, there is by default : -L pdftex -F -L pdftex_t -p "repere_coord.pdf")
Can you help me to find a solution please ?
Thank you,
Séverine

Andreas

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »
You are exporting to JPEG, so you need a GhostScript installation as described in the readme.txt. Did you install GhostScript?

You can check the "About" dialog to see if and where WinFIG could find GhostScript.

If you already installed GhostScript and it still doesn't work, perhaps your registry is messed with entries from obsolete installations:
Read here about how WinFIG determines which GS location to assume: http://www.schmidt-web-berlin.de/winfig_forum/index.php?topic=25.0

Remove all obsolete values.

If you don't want to do that, you could alternatively configure WinFIG to use a specific GhostScript installation by specifiyng the path to gswin32c.exe in the "Other" tab of the preferences dialog.

You could furthermore call "fig2dev.exe -L jpeg inputfile.fig output.jpeg" in the "Command Prompt". This will show you any error messages. Also check the logfile winfig.log in the WinFIG folder for error messages.

By the way, JPEG is not the recommended format for drawings, because it is not loss-less and therefore not suitable for fine structures. Use PNG instead.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:26:28 AM by Andreas »
This forum belongs to www.schmidt-web-berlin.de/winfig