Author Topic: Display Latex string in Winfig and Latex  (Read 5592 times)

bugmario

• View Profile
Display Latex string in Winfig and Latex
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've encountered a problem of creating a figure with latex string in Latex environment. Also, something weird happened when I use Winfig to display latex string.

In Winfig

I have a saved figure that have some latex strings. Every time when I open the saved figure in Winfig, I have to click "Flush LaTex images" in the preference before  the text display properly. It didn't happen (as far as I can remember) when I was trying the trial version. Is the problem caused by my window setting?

In Latex
After making sure the Latex strings display properly, I exported the figure via the option of PsTex, two files generated as stated in FAQ. By following the steps in FAQ, the figure perfectly displays on the .dvi file, only on the first time. If I run Latex again on the same tex file, even without making any changes. All the Latex strings disappeared from the figure (the drawing remains) and the scale of the figure changes.

Also, as I want to scale the figure in the following environment

\begin{figure}
                 \centerline{
                 \mbox{\includegraphics[width=5in]{fig.pstex_t}}}
                 \caption{caption}
                 \label{fig:fig}
              \end{figure}

Latex requires a bounding box. Can this be created in Winfig? Or this needs to be done outside Winfig?

As I am new to Winfig and Latex, is there anything I have missed causing the problem? Your help on my problems is really appreciated. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:16:45 PM by bugmario »

bugmario

• View Profile
Re: Display Latex string in Winfig and Latex
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:21:53 PM »
I have figured out where went wrong for the last two problems.

Just in case anyone encountered the same problem (most likely not), here is what I did,

To display strings properly and scale the figure in a correct size in latex environment , I need to include a bounding box to the figure and converted the .pstex_t file and the .ps file into 1 .ps file by following the instruction in http://www.bgu.ac.il/~sgabriel/latextips.html

Figure shows perfectly after I have done the conversion~~